Thursday, February 09, 2012

This is probably the most stressful n difficult part of my life. Everything stemmed to be going well, I had slow heartbeat after childbirth, and I regained my original weight quickly as I was exercising like a crazy woman. I still remember when Eunice asked me how's my health, I told her I have never been better.

However, at the third and half month after avril was born, things started to go downhill. I suffered hair loss. And people who know me well know that I already have thin hair to begin with, pregnancy didn't cause me to have more luxuriant hair though there was less hair fall during that period. Initially I want quite bothered by the hair loss as it wasn't excessive, but it got worse over time n I shed hundreds n hundreds of hair everyday. I can sweep the floor several times a day to get rid of the mess on the floor. I went to see 2 doctors, both of whom didn't make me feel any better, and suggested for me to go for treatments. They also mentioned that according to my recent blood test results, it could also be hyperthyroid causing my hair loss as well. Now I'm starting to feel all the symptoms of my thyroid acting up. I'm leavin for hk soon for a holiday but now with a heavy heart, afraid of losing hair till I can no longer cover it up with any styles already. Stress can also cause more hair loss but I can't help but feel stressed abt the entire thing.

I just cross my fingers n pray that my hair loss due to post partum will quickly end soon. I have also decided to give up breastfeeding my precious one to concentrate on my health.

I don't wanna bald, god please help me.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Jie, I didn't know you still posted here! Take care, enjoy your hong kong trip. Will be praying for you.

vonnez said...

Mei.. I didn't know anyone will still read my blog. I thought nobody reads so I just write it like a diary.. Thx for ur prayers :)